Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Time for Emergence.

I have always been one to believe that things happen for a reason.  During my lifetime I have had repeated experiences where opportunities and events have occurred with amazing synchronicity and at a time when I was emotionally and psychologically primed to make the most of them.  I believe today is one such occurrence.

When I started this blog it was part of a journey I was beginning and out of recognition for the importance of it.  I wanted to document the changes not only for my own benefit but also for those on a similar path.  This blog is where I pull together the exterior events and the interior process of growth that both precedes and succeeds those events.

I have always been interested in astrology because I am fascinated by people.  Astrology proved to be an interesting tool by which I was able to garner much insight into human nature by learning about myself.  I have always been a self-centered person and although most people would see that as a criticism I have come to understand that this is how I interpret the world.  I understand others according to how they relate to me.  I understand the world according to how it affects me.  Being self-centered isn’t an attitude.  It doesn’t mean that I place myself above others or that I think what I want, need, feel, think or say is more important than anyone else’s perspective or opinion.  It simply means that I process everything according to how it affects or relates to me.

I was looking at the astrological charts of Leonardo Da Vinci and Albert Einstein to see what astrological influences may have contributed to their genius and then looking at my own chart to see how their charts differed from mine.  I then searched for astrological charts of famous writers to see if there was a trend or prevalence of attributes.  During my search I came across a chart for a celebrity who had a birth chart almost identical to mine.  That chart belonged to Derek Rydall.

Derek Rydall, born April 18, 1968, is an American screenwriter, screenplay consultant, script doctor, and best-selling author. The nephew of legendary film director Don Siegel (Dirty Harry, Escape From Alcatraz, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers), Rydall has also worked as an actor, starring in several films & television shows with Tom Skerritt, Charles Bronson, Elliot Gould, Tony Roberts (of Woody Allen films), Paulie Shore, director John Turtletaub (Phenomenon, National Treasure), and many others.
As a screenwriter, screenplay consultant, and script doctor, he has been on staff for Fox (“Wildforce Rangers”) and Disney, developed projects for RKO, United Artists, Miramax, Fine Line, Universal, Saturn (Nicolas Cage’s company), Deepak Chopra, Wildrice, Longbow, and the creators of “Air Force One” and “Ghost”. Additionally, Rydall script doctored on the feature films "Diamonds" and "No Turning Back."
Rydall has worked one-on-one with numerous screenwriters, independent producers, and executives from around the world; and has sold, optioned, or been hired to write over 20 Film & TV projects. Rydall is the author of "I Could’ve Written a Better Movie than That!: How to Make Six Figures as a Screenplay Consultant – Even if You’re Not a Screenwriter," and "There’s No Business Like Soul Business: a Spiritual Path to Enlightened Screenwriting, Filmmaking, and Performing arts" – both published by Michael Wiese Productions (www.MWP.com).
Rydall’s website www.ScriptwriterCentral.com, is geared toward assisting screenwriters in taking their scripts to the next level, and training the next-generation of script consultants to analyze scripts deeper, broader, and clearer than every before. Rydall's website, www.EnlightenedEntertainer.com is geared toward empowering artists and entertainment professionals to walk a more purposeful and prosperous path in show business, and create material that matters.
Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Rydall

I was pretty excited to see that someone whose chart so closely reflected my own had become such a success because it meant that any failure on my part to achieve my dream is just that – a failure on my part.  It meant that given my astrological profile I have the elements necessary to make it.  Now I don’t live my life according to astrology.  I don’t read my stars or make decisions based on forecasts but I do believe that the chart we are born with is akin to a genetic blueprint.  It shows strengths and weaknesses and its up to the individual how they handle them.

I checked out Derek Rydall’s website and discovered he has this amazing program he runs called The Law of Emergence.  Basically this program is aimed at showing us how we can release the potential within ourselves, a potential he says we have always had but weren’t aware of.  This goes way beyond self-help programs and in fact, Rydall states that it is the opposite of self help programs because he says we already have everything we need to succeed inside of us.

This is what Derek Rydall says about the Law of Emergence.

This is truly a revolutionary principle that can help you achieve your full potential. I didn't create it, but discovered it after a near-death experience and many years of pain and struggle followed by long retreats of deep contemplation.

Although at times it might sound like something you've heard before, it's really an approach to living that is 180 degrees in the other direction of what most self-help strategies teach us. Yet it's a principle that has been activated and used by virtually everyone who has ever made a significant, lasting contribution that has changed this world for the better.

 

Derek Rydall offers a free online workshop.  This is not like one of those sampler courses that tries to bait you into buying an ‘in-depth’ and very expensive package.  No, Derek offers a complete E-Course via email absolutely free.  If you want to utilize this fantastic opportunity you can do so here.  I promise you this isn’t a scam or some advertising lure, just a great opportunity.

One of the reasons discovering Derek’s program excited me was because it set off a whole heap of ‘opportunity calling’ bells.  Even the name of the program, the Law of Emergence’ resonated with me because that is exactly how I see myself – as emerging, an emergent writer.  I have signed up for the program and will be sure to keep you posted.  Regardless whether this turns out to be the tool for success I need or just another waste of time I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

LiveJournal Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment